Camp St. John the Baptist
For all boys of St. Joseph and North American Martyrs ages 11-17
June 19 - June 24
All boys of the parishes of St. Joseph and North American Martyrs, ages 11 - 17, are invited to sign up for the second annual Camp St. John the Baptist.* Join us for a few days of spiritual and physical formation as we hike, go to daily Mass, play sports, have catechism lessons, enjoy God’s creation, and much more.
Camp will be held in Longbranch, WA. It will run from Monday, June 19, at 10:00 a.m. through Saturday, June 24, at 10:00 a.m.
The cost is $180 per youth, per family for the first two boys signed up. There is no charge for any additional youth. Scholarships may be available. Please speak directly to Fr. O’Brien.
Registration will be open from March 1 to May 1. The last day to register is May 1! All payments are due by May 4!
* 11-year-old boys need to receive permission from Fr. O'Brien in order to register.
Boys' Camp Waiting List
At this time the camp is full, if you would like to add your daughter to a waiting list in the event one of the girls cannot participate, please click the button below.
Possible Daily Schedule
6:30 a.m. Wake up
7:00 a.m. Morning Prayers (Rosary)
7:30 a.m. Mass
8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Breakfast, Clean up
9:00 - 12:00 Morning Activities
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Angelus, Lunch & Clean up
1:00 - 5:00 p.m. Afternoon Activities
5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Rest, Free time
6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Dinner, Clean up
7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Catechism lesson, Evening prayers
8:00 - 10:00 p.m. Games, Campfire, Songs, etc.
10:30 p.m. Lights Out
We need 3 - 4 dads willing to
volunteer and help run the camp with
Volunteers must be safe environment cleared!
If this is something you could take time off
to do, please contact the parish office 253-472-2489 or contact Matt Bittle or Andre Zante directly.
- Jeans x 2 pairs
- Sweatpants x 1 pair
- Shorts x 3 pairs
- Socks x 4 pairs
- Underwear x 4 pairs
- T-shirts x 4
- White t-shirt x 1
- Rain jacket
- Hoodie or jacket (nights can get cold)
- Athletic shoes
- Hiking boots or trail shoes
- Water shoes or flip flops (optional)
- Water bottle or camelback (Must have!)
- Flashlight (or headlamp) & extra batteries
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, baby wipes, rag, soap, towel
- Hiking pack (backpack)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Sleeping pad recommended!
- Insect repellant
- Camp chair (optional, but recommended)
- Campers are welcome to bring musical instruments such as guitars!
What NOT to Bring
- NO phones, tablets, games, or other electronics!
- No matches, lighters, firearms, weapons, or folding knives larger than 3 inches. No non-folding knives!
- No outside food, drinks, or candy!
- No bad attitudes!
Remember, in June the weather here can be
very unpredictable! We could have cold
weather, excessive heat, heavy rain, plenty of
sun, or all of them combined!
Pack and plan accordingly! Keep an eye on the forecast the
week before camp.
"Behave manfully in the law: for by it you shall be glorious."
- I Maccabees 2:64
"Nothing seems tiresome or painful when you are working for a Master who pays well; who rewards even a cup of cold water given for love of Him."
~ St. Dominic Savio ~
Copyright © 2015-2023 Saint Joseph Catholic Church, Latin Mass Parish, 602 S 34th St., Tacoma, WA 98418. All Rights Reserved.